Insurance Solutions Designed For The Needs Of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Providers
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) is a form of “Passengers Transportation for Hire”, aka “Livery” , NEMT is scheduled with prearranged and normally agreed upon fee, the purpose of NEMT is to transport disabled passengers who –due to an accident, sickness or other reasons- unable to drive or travel on their own, NEMT passengers need special equipped vehicles, like wheelchair, stretcher, loading ramp or lift, but no flashing lights or sirens as in emergency situations.
NEMT transportation is intended to transport disabled persons, elderly or special needs passengers between place of living, clinics and medical facilities, passengers could be transported with wheelchair, gurney or stretcher.
“Medicaid NEMT saves taxpayers more than $40 million per month for every 30,000 beneficiaries receiving treatment from one of the three relatively common and expensive diseases: kidneys dialysis, diabetic wound care and substance abuse disorders, according to (MTAC) Medical Transportation Access Coalition.”
NEMT is a network of major providers or brokers who are contracted by government agencies, hospitals, adult care centers and other medical or care providers, to provide transportation service to the intended public, major providers usually sub-contract to smaller providers like individual drivers or group of drivers forming a business entity, like a Corp. or an LLC.
New Clients: commercial@Saberlinesins.com
Phone: (866) 747-4242
Drivers use a smartphone application provided by the contracting broker, or receive requests via email, either way, requests will include complete trip details, including timing and address of pick up and drop, and amount of compensation expected, compensation is based on mileage traveled with allowance for extra wait time, driver can’t collect money from passengers, instead, broker will pay the driver directly or transportation company on weekly or monthly statements, smartphone applications are provided by major brokers the driver(s) choose to be contracted with, while smaller logistic companies/brokers may use email to send trip details to drivers or transportation company.
NEMT: Prearranged vans to take clients to and from doctor’s appointments and physical therapy – vans with permanently attached disability equipment, traveling locally.
Non-Emergency medical transportation companies have had it rough when it comes to insurance, if you having trouble getting insured, look no further! We offer a complete insurance solution for NEMT, customized to meet insurance needs of the the provider and the broker, be confident your NEMT business will be fully covered for NEMT operation, and insurance will meet all contracting parties requirement.
Insurance designed specifically for medical transportation operations of any size, including
* Non-emergency medical transportation
* Paratransit services
* Ambulette services
* Wheelchair and stretcher transportation
* Elderly and/or handicapped passenger transportation
* Nursing homes and retirement communities
We suggest you thoroughly study the contract you intend to sign with the transportation broker, or provide us a copy so we can help, we only need to see the insurance requirement section.
Changes always happening in the NEMT Industry, There are many changes happening right now in the NEMT industry. NEMT providers are having a difficult time with their statewide health insurance system, and early stages of self-driving NEMT car technology is underway.
NEMT Providers insurance requirement (Example):
- General liability needs to be at a minimum $1,000,000 per incident, $2,000,000 aggregate.
- Sexual abuse and molestation can be included with the general or not, but has to be at a minimum of $250,000
- Vehicle auto liability coverage has to be at a minimum $1,000,000 per occurrence per accident.
- All insurance has to be commercial insurance.
- Workers compensation limit is as required by the state of California.
We offer small and large deductible programs.
We will help you to protect your business and comply with broker contract, contracts vary from state to state, and change all the times, some contracts we seen were written for specific city and county only, we will make sure we provide you the correct coverage for you and your broker.
American Logistics (ALC), Logisticare, ProCare, MTM, and other NEMT brokers/providers have different requirement of insurance coverage from their transportation providers. California just passed a bill this year (to be effective by January 1st 2020) requiring all transportation providers to have workers comp coverage.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance Program
- Commercial Auto Liability
- Auto Physical Damage
- General Liability & Professional Liability
- Excess Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
NEMT providers need specific insurance coverage, regardless whom they contract with, we represent several top rated insurance companies which enable us we to offer any limit of coverage or endorsement required of NEMT business, with our experience in the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation industry, and our insurance market access we can offer competitive prices, exceptional customer service, quick turnaround time and high claims expertise.
Saberlines Insurance offers Complete Coverage for NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
Fill our online form or call our office to get more details and receive a no-obligation insurance quote for your NEMT business!
Other Medical Transportation Insurance:
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport (NEMT)
- Non Emergency Ambulances
- Emergency Ambulances
Other questions? Feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Auto We can write the hard to place auto risks!
NEMT Insurance Program
Acceptable Vehicles types for NEMT insurance:
- Vehicles with seating capacity up to 14 passengers
- Vehicles with wheelchair ramps and lifts (at least 25% of the fleet is wheelchair equipped)
- Vehicles owned and operated by social service organizations or medical facilities, used to transport their clients/patients
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance Highlights:
- Business Auto Liability Auto Liability will pay sums that an insured becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of injury or damage resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of a covered auto, it includes also the insurance company obligation to settle or defend suits asking for such damages.
- Business Auto Physical Damage “ Stated Amount or Actual Cash Value of Vehicle” It’s not required by law to carry comprehensive and collision (physical damage) coverage, but if your vehicle is financed or leased, financial institutions will require that you carry physical damage coverage on the vehicle, physical damage coverage for old vehicles -over ten years old- or less than $5,500 in value is not available from most insurance carriers.
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability, or Any Auto: Coverage for accidents involving Hired (i.e. rented) and Non-Owned automobiles (i.e. those of your employees which may have to be used from time to time), “any auto” is sometimes required by contract.
- General Liability “including Sexual Harassment and or molestation” General liability coverage with limits up to $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate including abuse and molestation coverage, General Liability covers Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage claims not related to an automobile accident.
- Workers Compensation “to protect drivers” Specialized workers compensation insurance solutions, in CA with the latest law passed, all transportation providers are required to provide workers comp for their drivers.
- Professional Liability “Required By some Brokers”
- Umbrella/Excess Liability “to increase the Insurance Limits above”
- Property including buildings, contents, outside structures, computers and signs
- Cyber/Data Breach “ protects against security breach to company data”
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) “protects business from employees”
- Employee Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage We provide Non-Emergency Medical Transportation and Business Insurance in CA, AZ, NV & TX.
Coverage is provided by A+ rated (or better) insurance carrier, we have markets for hard to insure accounts due loss history or not so good driving history.
Non-Emergency Medical insurance is available in these states: Arizona, California, Nevada, and Texas.