NEMT Insurance – Who is it for?
NEMT Insurance-Livery Insurance
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) is a type of “Passengers Transportation for Hire,” otherwise known as “Livery,” which means transporting someone for a fee- on prearranged and normally agreed upon fee. Its main purpose is to transport passengers who –due to sickness or accident-unable to move or travel on their own and who may need special equipment like a wheelchair or stretcher or other forms of assistance, this kind of transportation is intended to transport passengers between their place of living and medical facilities.
“Medicaid NEMT saves taxpayers more than $40 million per month for every 30,000 beneficiaries receiving treatment from one of the three relatively common and expensive diseases: kidneys dialysis, diabetic wound care, and substance abuse disorders, this is according to (MTAC) Medical Transportation Access Coalition.”
NEMT is a network of major providers or brokers contracted by government agencies, hospitals, adult care centers, and other medical or care providers to provide transportation services to the intended public. Major providers usually subcontract to smaller providers like individual drivers or groups of drivers who have formed a business entity, like a Corp or an LLC.
New Clients: commercial@Saberlinesins.com
Non-Emergency therapeutic transportation organizations have had it harsh regarding insurance, and if you’re having trouble getting insured, look no further! We offer a comprehensive insurance solution for NEMT. Be confident your business will be fully covered because our NEMT operation and insurance will meet all contracting party’s requirements.
NEMT Insurance is designed specifically for medical transportation operations of any size, including:
- Non-emergency medical transportation
- Paratransit services
- Ambulette services
- Wheelchair and stretcher transportation
- Elderly and/or handicapped passenger transportation
- Nursing homes and retirement communities
We suggest you thoroughly study the contract you intend to sign with the insurance agency or provide us with a copy so that we can help. We only need to see the insurance requirement section.
Many changes are happening right now in the NEMT industry. Some providers are having difficulty with their statewide health insurance system, while in other cases, early stages of self-driving NEMT car technology are underway.
NEMT Insurance Requirement
- General liability must be at a minimum of $1,000,000 per incident, $2,000,000 aggregate.
- Sexual abuse and molestation can be included with the general or not, but it has to be at a minimum of $250,000.
- Vehicle auto liability coverage must be at a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence per accident.
- All insurance must be commercial insurance.
We offer small and large deductible programs.
We will help you to protect your business and comply with the broker contract, which varies from state to state and often changes. We have seen some contracts written for a city or county only. Nevertheless, we guarantee to provide you and your broker with the correct coverage.
American Logistics (ALC), ProCare, MTM, and other NEMT brokers/providers have different insurance coverage requirements from their transportation providers. California passed a bill this year (to be effective by January 1st, 2020) requiring all transportation providers to have workers' compensation coverage.
NEMT Insurance Program
- Commercial Auto Liability
- Auto Physical Damage
- General Liability & Professional Liability
- Excess Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
NEMT providers need specific insurance coverage regardless of whom they contract with. We represent several top-rated insurance companies enabling us to offer any limit of coverage or endorsement required of NEMT business. With our experience in the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation industry, and our insurance market access, we can offer competitive prices, exceptional customer service, quick turnaround time, and high claims expertise.
Saberlines Insurance offers Complete Coverage for NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
Please fill out our online form or call our office to get more details and receive a no-obligation insurance quote for your NEMT business!
Other Medical Transportation Insurance
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport (NEMT)
- Non-Emergency Ambulances
- Emergency Ambulances
Other questions? Feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Auto – We can write the hard-to-place auto risks!
NEMT Insurance Program
Acceptable Vehicles types for NEMT insurance
- Vehicles with a seating capacity of up to 14 passengers
- Vehicles with wheelchair ramps and lifts (at least 25% of the fleet is wheelchair equipped)
- Vehicles owned and operated by social service organizations or medical facilities used to transport their clients/patients
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance Highlights
- Business Auto Liability: Auto Liability will pay sums that an insured becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of injury or damage resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of a covered auto. It also includes the insurance agency’s obligation to settle or defend suits asking for such damages.
- Business Auto Physical Damage “ Stated Amount or Actual Cash Value of Vehicle”: It is not required by law to carry comprehensive and collision (physical damage) coverage, but if your vehicle is financed or leased, financial institutions will require that you carry physical damage coverage on the vehicle. Most insurance carriers do not offer physical damage coverage for old vehicles over ten years old or less than $5,500 in value.
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability or Any Auto: Coverage for accidents involving Hired (i.e., rented) and Non-Owned automobiles (i.e., those of your employees which may have to be used from time to time), “any auto” is sometimes required by contract.
- General Liability “including Sexual Harassment and/or molestation”: General liability coverage with limits up to $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate, including abuse and molestation coverage, General Liability covers Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage claims not related to an automobile accident.
- Workers' Compensation “to protect drivers”: With the latest law passed, all transportation providers must provide workers' compensation for their drivers.
- Professional Liability: “Required By some Brokers”
- Umbrella/Excess Liability: “to increase the Insurance Limits above.”
- Property: including buildings, contents, outside structures, computers, and signs.
- Cyber/Data Breach: “protects against security breach to company data.”
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL): “protects a business from employees.”
- Employee Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage: We provide Non-Emergency Medical Transportation and Business Insurance in CA, AZ, NV & TX.
Coverage is provided by A+ rated (or better) insurance carriers, and we have markets for hard-to-insure accounts due to loss history or not-so-good driving history.
Non-Emergency Medical insurance is available in these states: Arizona, California, Nevada, and Texas.
NEMT Insurance Cost
Lowering NEMT Insurance Cost
Since NEMT Insurance is one of our specialties, we can enhance your present NEMT Insurance or lower your total costs. We offer numerous payment plans, including annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and monthly. Financing options are available depending on which insurance agency you are placed with. However, we can arrange payment plans with low down payment and equal monthly installments upon request. Payment plans of 20% down and 9 equal installments are available depending on your carrier.
Picking the right NEMT insurance can be daunting; therefore, we can assist you by ensuring that you’re fully covered for any liability against your business.
You can rest assured that we understand your needs when you operate a NEMT business and will always recommend cost-effective approaches for your non-emergency medical transportation insurance.
Our experienced insurance agents will fully secure your business against related risks. With over 20 years of experience in public transportation insurance, we know our industry and will meet or surpass your needs.
Working with your company, we can reduce your NEMT insurance costs. First, we start by learning more about your business. We request motor vehicle reports (MVRs) for all drivers, loss run reports for your current and/or previous insurance policies, vehicle registrations, number of vehicles, and drivers insurance limits needed. We will do our work to lower your insurance cost. Once we have gathered this information, we will start working on lowering your cost. From your business's initial evaluation, we decide which insurance agency is the best fit for you. Note that we may ask for more information if required by other carriers.
We usually rate with different insurance companies to offer you more options in price and coverage, at least 5. Once done, we present you with a customized NEMT insurance proposal to protect your business, including passengers and drivers.
If you prefer, we can quote General Liability or Workers’ Compensation only, Commercial Auto, or we can provide a complete NEMT insurance package.
Have a Question? Contact Our NEMT Insurance Specialist: 866-747-4242
NEMT insurance rates can vary based on various factors, such as; loss/claim history, driver record, driver training, NEMT procedures, type of equipment used: wheelchair, stretcher, hydraulic lift or ramp, gurney or ambulatory vehicles, vehicle seating capacity, radius from home, garaging city.
Are your drivers trained in the following?
- General Driver Orientation.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Defensive Driving Course.
- Passenger Assistance Training.
- Primary First Aid
- Human Relations Skills.
- Advanced First Aid.
- Non-Medical Emergency Training.
- Emergency Vehicle Evacuation.
- Wheelchair/Stretcher Securement.
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT Insurance)
Factors Affecting Operating Cost For NEMT
Wheelchairs are hard to secure in place, and insurance carriers and transportation brokers require wheelchair securement preparing and composing methods. Transporting an individual with a wheelchair is problematic, and wheelchair incidents can happen whenever. It is mandatory to inspect if a wheelchair passenger is secure before transport. NEMT travelers need additional consideration from the drivers, and they can only travel in appropriately prepared vehicles, with wheelchairs, gurney, or stretcher loading ramps or hydraulic lifts. Drivers need to transfer travelers with care, be comfortable with loading and unloading methodology, practice safety consistently, and pursue well-being manuals set by the organization, brokers, or government agencies.
Saberlines Offers Complete Coverage for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation. Why settle for any other commercial auto insurance? If you have any questions, please give us a call toll-free at 866-747-4242
We recommend the following for your NEMT business for safer operation and to lower NEMT insurance costs:
- Transportation safety program for drivers.
- Driver history and background checks before hiring.
- Installing cameras in vehicles.
- Written loading and unloading procedures and provided training for drivers.
- Training drivers and staff on handling passengers.
- Securement of Wheelchair, including tie-downs and lap belts training, and written procedures to be kept in the vehicle.
- Handling and responding to emergencies.
- Written accident review procedures.
- Sexual abuse and molestation, reporting, and avoidance.
- Continuous training for drivers and staff.
- Appointed safety manager and regular safety meetings for drivers and staff.
- Drug-free workplace.
Insurance carriers don’t favor fast-developing businesses, so adding many vehicles in the first year could be a red flag. It could imply using owner-operator or non-company vehicles and hard to monitor risk. Adding vehicles to your policy mid-term could also result in a pro-rated additional premium.
The insurance agency rates each vehicle based on the vehicle’s age, specifications, and valuation. The additional premium will be pro-rated from the date upon which the vehicle was added to your policy through the end of the policy term. With some of our carriers, processing a vehicle or driver change on your NEMT policy can be instantaneous, while it could take up to 24 hours to process with others.
If you need a quote for NEMT insurance, you can call us or submit complete business/driver/vehicle information to email@example.com or fax it to 909-608-0613
Policy changes can be made at any given time. Most changes are reviewed and processed the same day by the carrier if submitted during regular business hours. We provide updated Certificates of Insurance and Auto Identification Cards same day. You can view and manage your policy's billing and make payments by phone or online.
Livery Insurance Quote?
Contact us at Saberlines Insurance, and let us put our knowledge and market access to work for you. We are here to help!
Or Request Livery/ Passengers Transportation Insurance Quote
Business Auto Policy
Business Auto Policy “BAP” coverage ensures a commercial enterprise against losses arising from the ownership, maintenance, or use of automobiles. BAP includes both liability and physical damage coverage. The coverage may be either on a standalone or a package basis, and coverage can be either broad or narrow depending on the coverage options chosen by the insured.
Other questions? Feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Following Covered Autos Options Are Available In The Business Auto Policy
- Any Auto
- Owned Autos Only
- Owned Private Passengers Autos Only
- Owned (Other Than Private Passengers) Autos Only
- Owned Autos Subject to No-Fault
- Owned Autos Subject to Uninsured Motorist
- Specifically Described Autos
- Hired Autos Only
- Non-Owned Autos Only
Special Insurance Solutions For Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
We provide insurance for non-emergency medical transportation, ambulances, medical transport vans, and other commercial and livery transportation providers. Livery coverage we write includes Taxicabs, Limousine & Busses:
- For-hire transportation of patients on a contract or demand-response basis
- Car Services
- Chartered/Airport Buses
Why Is Saberlines Insurance Good For Your Livery Business?
Saberlines Has 21 Years Of Writing Livery Insurance!
We offer coverage for many classes of Livery “Passenger Transportation Services,” from the simple use of your car for ride sharing to a fleet of medical transportation vans. Below is a list of Livery Insurance we can handle:
- A taxicab or Similar Passenger Carrying Service.
- School Bus.
- Church Bus.
- Intercity Bus.
- Urban Bus.
- Airport Bus or Airport Limousine.
- Charter Bus.
- Sightseeing Bus.
- Transportation of Athletes and Entertainers.
- Van Pools.
- Transportation of Employees.
- Social Service Agency Auto.
- Bingo Buses.
- Hotel or Motel Courtesy Autos.
- Residential Care Autos.
- Para-transit Autos.
More Classes of Passengers Transportation we can entertain with insurance coverage include, but are not limited to, the following
- Medical Courtesy Autos
- Metropolitan Buses
- Musician Buses
- Party Buses
- School Buses
- Senior Citizen Center Autos
- Sightseeing Buses
- Social Service Agencies
- Trolley Buses
- Visiting Nurses
- Wilderness Expeditions
- Athlete Buses
- Bingo/Casino Transportation
- Charter Buses
- Church Buses
- Courtesy Autos
- Day Care Center Autos
- Employee Transport
- Group Home Autos
- Head Start Program Autos
- Hotel Shuttles
- Kiddie Transport
- Limousines (All Types)